Monday, November 30, 2015

November 30, 2015

Dear Family,
 
We spent less time working in our area this week than at any other time in my mission.  We had the training meeting on Tuesday, although it was a surprise to us.  They had forgotten to tell us about it till we called Monday night to ask if we were supposed to go.  We also had Thanksgiving which was great but disrupted any teaching and then we had a Temple trip on Saturday.  Can't complain about any of it but it was sort of a slow week as far as the work was concerned.  We mostly spent Thanksgiving with the members.  We ate a lot.

Missionaries that are a certain distance away from the temple can't usually go unless we have a recent convert who is going for the first time, then we can go and help with baptisms.  We got to ride down with Jack and visit the Trail Center to see the gingerbread houses and we also got to meet the Elders who baptized him for lunch.  One of them had replaced me in Omaha so I got to talk to him and Elder Nockai about my old area.  
 
Analis had a great experience at the temple.  She mentioned how great she felt there.  Both she and Jack are very excited for their year marks so they can go through the rest of the temple.

You should definitely send J and K a card.  I would love that.  So would they, I'm sure.
 
As far as a Christmas present I just want a new suit.  Those are fairly expensive and that's really all I want.
 
It is snowing a fair amount right now but I'm not sure how much to expect in total.  We might end up with as much as that last storm but I bet we get less.
 
I'm glad you were able to see family for Thanksgiving.  I can't believe how old my cousins are!  Kiersten's a sophomore and David's a senior?!  Can't wait to hang with David at BYU.
 
I got your package.  Thanks.  It was great to get Korean stuff.  I introduced my companion to gochujang and he loves it.

Elder Martino was able to show us the Christmas video early.  I need to watch it a few more times though.  The missionaries there should start getting the new cards soon.  Those cards are so easy to use.

Thanks for the advice to rejoice in the little things.  That is exactly what our Mission President said in his email.  He quoted the Angel when he speaks to Alma after he leaves Ammonihah the first time.  Alma 8:15 says "Blessed art thou, Alma; therefore, lift up thy head and rejoice, for thou hast great cause to rejoice;" Happiness doesn't come from success or things but from obedience.  When we are obedient then we don't have to rely on anyone else to be happy.  Problems come but we will be comforted.
 
I love you all,
Elder Stapley

 

No comments:

Post a Comment