Monday, November 16, 2015

November 16, 2015

 
 A couple of pictures from exchanges in Sioux City.  The Elders live in what used to be an old school but now is an apartment building called The Castle.  The bat  died while crawling on the wall.  It had been in that position for a few days.   
 The picture with Abraham Lincoln was also taken on the exchange.
 Elder Poole and me in the library.
 
Transfers!  Elder Hunt left but will still be in the zone!  My new companion is Elder Poole from Orem, Utah.  He is a really great guy and we get along really well.  He seems like a great missionary.  I am a bit apprehensive about how this transfer is going to go though.  Not my companions fault but everything has gone wrong since I got him.  On our way home to Yankton the first day of the transfer our tire blew up on the highway.  We had never changed a tire on a truck before but someone stopped to help us out and we were able to get back to Yankton. We got a new tire and all was good.  The next morning we discovered our brake light was out and we had to go back to the car place. "Hey again. Saw you yesterday." Oh well.  This morning we woke up to no hot water for some reason, our debit card isn't working and the phone won't make calls. "President, my companion is great but everything he touches curls up and dies."  But really, Elder Poole is way funny and super nice so this will be an awesome transfer.

He actually has an interesting story.  He is new to this mission.  He had served previously in the Mississippi, Jackson Mission.  He had to go home, for no fault of his own, and got reassigned here.  President is sort of treating him as a trainee so we will be attending the training meetings this transfer.  It was super cool how similar an experience we had in trying to finish out our missions.

We are going to have a visit from Elder Martino of the 2nd Quorum of the Seventy. It should be cool.

I am sorry.  I have gotten really bad at writing for some reason. I need to prepare ahead of time what to write.

At least I am getting you pictures, right?
 
I love you,
Elder Stapley

No comments:

Post a Comment