Sunday, December 22, 2013

December 23, 2013

I don't know what I want to write about right before I talk to you on the phone.  I'm really excited for Christmas morning.  (It will be like 5 on Christmas Eve for you, right?)

This last week was the primary program.  There were 6 kids who participated and one of them was our recent convert.  They actually did a pretty good job.  Two of the kids had a violin part and they asked my companion to help them prepare.  It was really nice because we never meet with the members aside from Sunday.  This last week we had two nights of meeting with these kids and their mothers.  The other missionaries here have it fixed in their heads that doing a lot with the members doesn't work well in this ward but I loved how those two meetings helped our relationship with them and increased their trust in us.  I'm trying to keep a look out for more opportunities like that.  I just wish my Korean was better so I could actually have conversations. Most of the time I just fake it.


Kim In-jae, one of the students that studies at the church, just got permission from his parents to be baptized!  We just walked in to say hi one day and he just casually told us to start teaching him the lessons.  "What?!"  I still have no idea how he got his parents to change their mind.  Up till this point he has been forbidden from even taking lessons so we haven't been able to consider him an actual investigator.  He spends a lot of time with church members and we've read the Book of Mormon with him so he knows a ton but we still have to teach him all of the lessons before he can be baptized.  There won't be any problems getting him ready so I'm just worried about his parents changing their minds again.  We should see a baptism this transfer. Miracles!


I got my Christmas package but I haven't opened it yet.  I also got a small package from the cub scouts.  Many thanks to them.


For Christmas we are having our weekly p-day.  There is going to be a small party at the mission home for us serving in Busan.  The rest of the day we will be at the church listening to Christmas music and making and eating food.  Last night we went caroling with the sisters.  My companion played the violin.  It was great.  We tried to pass out some Book of Mormons to the people that stopped to listen but few would take them.  One dude gave us some cans of coffee though.  We gave them to some of the grandmas selling stuff on the side of the road.

That phone number is right to call.  I can't wait!

Love you,

Elder Stapley


No comments:

Post a Comment