Wednesday, June 10, 2015

June 8, 2015

Hey Family,
I realized a couple weeks ago that I had hit my two year mark as a missionary, but I still have more than a year left.  It is weird to know that almost everyone I served with is home. 


So the work here is quite slow.  We have plenty of people to visit but almost all of them are unwilling to put any effort into changing.  They haven't really had new investigators here in forever.  We are trying to find good solid people though referrals, which is the only way I have ever found people that really progressed.  It would be great if we could get referrals from the members but unfortunately that is harder than getting good referrals from nonmembers that we meet.  We do have one family that consistently invites friends to church though.  We are going to be meeting with them as much as we can to help them with their efforts.

Our two longtime investigators that actually follow through with commitments are C and Ms. M.  C has a testimony of the gospel and really wants to join the church but has a huge Word of Wisdom problem.  He is trying very hard to get it taken care of.  We can't meet with him very often because of his schedule and because he spends most of the week outside our area.  Ms. M is a grandma.  She is good with the commandments, even the Word of Wisdom, but hasn't yet received a witness of the Book of Mormon and the Restoration.  She hasn't read the Book of Mormon yet and is being way stubborn about it.  She comes to church though.

I still haven't gotten pictures but I will next week.  We are going to the Omaha Zoo today.  It is the biggest in the States.  I'll be sure to send you pictures from that at least.



Have fun on trek, Dad.  You might run into some people from Lincoln.  I think they were headed out there about then.

Thanks for the pictures, love you,
Elder Stapley

No comments:

Post a Comment