Monday, May 16, 2016

May 9, 2016



Dear Parents,
 
I've been transferred.  My new area is the Bellevue 1st ward.  Its like a suburb of Omaha and we actually have a chunk of south Omaha in our area.  Elder Duerksen and I whitewashed the area and we knew very little about it. Fortunately we had both served in this zone before and knew enough to get started.  I took a picture of a map of Bellevue and we used that to locate our apartment (thank goodness Elder Duerksen had been there before) and then we spent the rest of the day just sort of wandering around Bellevue trying to find our investigators.  I get lost fairly easy but Elder Duerksen is somehow even worse.  We decided that getting lost is probably what we are going to remember best about this transfer.  Fortunately, he has a good sense of humor.

We have an appointment with a family tonight.  They are good friends of a member couple who have been helping the missionaries teach them.
They are our best candidates for baptism right now and by all accounts are way prepared.  I'm excited.

Most of this last week was just us trying to get in contact with everyone the missionaries had been working with.  We got lost a lot.  Bellevue, I'm pretty, sure was drawn out by a 3 year old.  Whole lotta squiggly lines.

Sorry I'm out of time.  Happy Mother's day, Mom. 

Love you all!
Elder Stapley

No comments:

Post a Comment